Short-term consultancy for RET Germany in Niger
Project proposal development of education and women’s empowerment project in Tillaberry.
- Information and data gathering:
- Assist RET Germany in collecting information and data required to complete a project proposal for an education and women’s empowerment project in Tillaberry, Niger. The initial proposal is already developed, but certain information gaps remain, in areas such as:
- ongoing programs by other development/humanitarian actors in the region,
- local security situation, local actors & stakeholders,
- specific needs of the population in targeted villages,
- challenges and risks related to implementing education programs in Tillaberry
- Lessons learned and recommendations for project implementation in Tillaberry.
(RET will provide a list with specific questions and data to be collected.)
- Identify suitable key informants and conduct in-person or virtual interviews to collect the required information. Key informants could include:
- Ministry of Education,
- Ministry of Social Affairs,
- Ministry of Labour,
- regional/local government authorities,
- local and international NGOs operating in the area,
- civil society organizations that are active in the area.
2. Coordination with development actors:
- Identify development/humanitarian actors who are already working in the education and women empowerment/livelihood sectors in Tillaberry and put RET in touch with their contact persons/help organize meetings with them.
3. Local partner selection:
- Help identify local NGOs and civil society organizations who could become potential (implementing) partners for RET in Tillaberry.
- Meet selected NGOs and civil society organizations and conduct an initial assessment of their mandate, capacities, previous experience.
- Advise RET on the selection of potential local NGO partners as implementing partners, or civil society organizations to cooperate with during implementation.
4. Technical guidance for the development of project activities:
Provide guidance to RET on the formulation of project activities (in education and women’s empowerment/livelihoods), ensuring that the proposed activities are feasible and appropriate within the local Tillaberry context.
5. Input to project budget:
- Assist RET in developing the project budget, through obtaining information on the local market prices for different services and goods.
- List of interviews conducted, a summary of the discussions, including relevant information, data, and recommendations. Report with answers/information in response to a list of specific questions provided by RET.
- List of development actors working in Tillaberry, including contact details.
- List of potential local partners, including contact details, initial assessment of their capacities, and recommendations for selection of partners.
- Written feedback/technical input on RET’s draft proposal, with specific recommendations for improvement, as needed.
- List of prices for a number of potential services and goods required for project implementation (items to be provided by RET).
Total scope: 15 -20 days of work
- In-depth knowledge of the local context (political, cultural, security, etc.) in Niger, and Tillaberry region, specifically
- Strong network and knowledge of development and humanitarian actors in Niger, and Tillaberry region, specifically
- Technical sector knowledge of education and women’s empowerment; ideally experience in implementing projects in the education and women’s empowerment/livelihoods sectors.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in English (indicating your expected annual income package) until April 17, 2021, to email@example.com Please indicate in the subject of your message: “Technical Consultant”.